Sunday, August 14, 2005

Real Ale Pubs In Wilmslow, Cheshire

I Spent a few hours in Wilmsolw, Cheshire on Saturday evening while my wife went shopping. After checking out the Good Beer Guide 2005 I was droped off at the King William and decided to take a look round first to see what else I could find. Just up the road I passed the Lloyds No.1 and eventuly came across the Coach and Four, a Hydes Pub.

This turned out to be an excellent find with four beers available on Handpump. I started on the 1863 which was in excellent form (as all the beers I tried), then moved on to the Bitter. I did not manage to try all the beer so I will have to return. The food available also looked very tempting.

Next I poped in to the Lloyds to see what, if anything, they had on. Two half beers were samnpled as I did not wish to spend too long in there. Both were very nice with the Bollin Special having the edge.

Finally back to the King William which turned up the biggest supprise of the night, to actually find an excellent pint of Robinsons, which is not something I would normally say. There were two beers on, the Hatters and unicorn, and a couple of pints of both were sampled. This should have been no suprise as this pub has won Robinsons Best-kept Celler Award six years in a Row!

So if you find yourself in Wilmsolw, then I would defiantly reccomend checking out the Coach and Four and King William.


Hydes - Coach and Four, Wilmslow
1863 3.5% £1.40
Bitter 3.7% £1.63
Jekles Gold 4.2% £-.--
HPA 4.7% £-.--

Weatherspoons - Lloyds No.1, Wilmslow
Titanic, Bollin Special %5.2 £1.80
Herold, Wiessbier %5.1 £1.80

Robinsons - King William, Wilmslow
Hatters Mild %3.3 £1.90
Unicorn Bitter %4.4 £2.00

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wot - no corriander????

C.K.